Thank you Amanda for TAGGING me in your Creative Blog Hop last week. I have been following Amanda for several years and watched her business grow as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. She has awesome ideas for expanding her creativity and sharing it. I am happy to be on her Design Team at The Paper Plunge. She also cheered me on when I started my blog a few years ago.
1. What am I working on right now?
That's simple.... I have a class this Friday featuring a project that I posted a few weeks ago. It's the Winter Tag Collage. Most of my classes are monthly. I have 2 classes that make the same projects- 3 cards & 1 project- usually involving candy! I add a specialty class when someone requests it. This time we will be putting together the tags during class. I prep ahead and will have an assembly line waiting for them to stamp, punch and glue!
I procrastinated on this blog post- (not just because I had 2 days out of town, several house showings & the grand kids a couple of times & LIFE!) I decided to make a Belly Band for a really cute Fall Tissue Package and a new 3D Pumpkin.
2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
I'm not sure if you can reinvent the wheel, but I decided to take that wheel and make it again. After all, we are creating with PAPER! Sometimes it's CASEd (copy and share) with a few changes. Sometimes it's original (or I think it is- meaning- I don't recall seeing it before!). I switch up styles from time to time. I go from clean & simple to vintage then to sparkly & frilly & LOTS of punch art.
3. Why do I create what I do?
I like to smile and crafting takes me to that happy place! Picking out paper and designing a card or project brings me joy and then letting someone else know you are thinking of them is like sharing a piece of me and a piece of my heart. The best therapy I know!
How cute is that handmade owl pin cushion? It was given to me from a very creative friend- Brenda S. Look how she inspired me to make the Owl Belly Band!
4. How does my creative process work?
I have several ways.
1. It POPS into my head at crazy times and I jot down the idea & execute it.
2. It POPS into my head and I go to make it and it turns out SO DIFFERENT than I imagined!
3. It is inspired from others. I don't spend a lot of time on Pinterest, or other social media sites, but I have a list of my favorite blogs to visit and we have a great resource as a demonstrator for Stampin' UP! called Stampin' Connection. SC has thousands upon tens of thousands of designs to look at that other demonstrators have graciously shared.
Yep.... my creative process at work!
Pumpkin is made with strips of paper measuring 1 1/2" x 4-6 1/2". They have a hole punched on each end and then threaded on a dowel. I made a base with chipboard & covered the bottom with felt.
Stamp Set: Good Greetings
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Old Olive, Variety of Designer Series Paper Stacks- Pumpkin Pie, Tangelo Twist, Cherry Cobbler
And More: Owl Builder Punch