Whisper

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CAPTAIN HARRISON'S SAILIN' WREATH WITH A DRY ERASER


Did you purchase the Burlap & Blooms Wreath Kit (133333) from the Celebrate the Everyday Mini Catalog (pg 21)? WELL..... this is a project that I made with the EXTRA piece of CHIPBOARD that was in the packaging. Before assembling my Wreath Kit, I traced the Chipboard Wreath onto the Chipboard that was included in the packaging!  Woot! Woot! I cut it out and wrapped it with the wide Grosgrain Ribbon.  I had so much fun making this one too!  I am having a Burlap & Blooms Wreath Class in March.  We will be assembling the purchased wreaths and I will be showing them how to add a dry erase section in the middle of their wreath.  It'll be a great way to give out kuddos and jot down mini messages.  We will use a 3M adhesive strip to hang it up. 

Let's get some closer looks at the different element and tips.





How cute is that note?  He is very helpful at picking up, but it's the in between times that you may step on a few treasures.

The dry erase page was made using 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" Window Sheet (114323) and DSP of your choice behind it.  I used High Tide DSP (132992) and stapled them together in the 4 corners. I used the hot glue gun to adhere to the back of the wreath after the front was finished.  I purchased the dry eraser & dry erase marker at Target in their dollar bins. I find myself using a paper towel most of the time to erase the markers. Sharpies are permanent, so if you choose to use them, they will NOT erase.


Here Fishy Fishy!  I made these with the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits (125596). The Fish Net is made with leftover Baker's Twine from the Tag A Bag Accessory Kit.  You can use any Baker's Twine to make a net.  You may recognize the fish from my previous post HERE.


The Anchor was made with the Brushed Silver Cardstock (100712).  I made a pattern and then trace it onto a thin piece of cardboard and Brushed Silver Cardstock. The Banner Tag was made with the Angled Tag Topper, Hello Sailor Stamp set and The Striped Grosgrain Ribbons Pacific Point (132981) and Summer Starfruit (132980).


The last item here is the sailboat made from DSP- High Tide, Circle Punches, Mini Banner Punch, Candy Dots, & a couple of Toothpicks!

Stamp Set:  Hello, Sailor (mini)
Ink:  Summer Starfruit
Card Stock:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, DSP- High Tide (mini), DSP- Brights Collection
AND More:  Brights Candy Dots, Mini Banner Punch (SAB), Striped Grosgrain Ribbon- Pacific Point & Summer Starfruit. Metal Buttons (133319), Baker's Twine ( your choice ), Angled Tag Topper, Scallop Circle Punch, Fashionable Hearts Embosslits



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...